Driving: protect yourself with night driving glasses
When driving at night , our eyes tire more quickly. Insufficient lighting or on the contrary, too present requires an additional effort in our view .
DRIVING AT NIGHT: WHAT DANGERS?
The risk of a fatal accident at night is 7x higher than during the day when traffic is less dense
At night, fatal accidents are more frequent than during the day. By driving at night, we are seven times more likely to have a fatal accident than during the day (source: securite-routiere.gouv.fr )! Indeed, there are several factors that explain this:
- Since humans are diurnal animals, they are naturally more tired at night.
- Alcohol consumption is also more frequent in the evening and people in a state of intoxication unfortunately drive more often at night...
- The lack of brightness and the lack of contrast or, on the contrary, the glare caused by the signals and the headlights of other drivers.
TIPS FOR SAFE NIGHT DRIVING
To limit the risks during night journeys, it is necessary to adopt the following actions :
- Rest well before hitting the road.
- Use appropriate lights (dipped beam, main beam, etc.).
- Wear adequate night driving goggles .
VARIONET NIGHT DRIVING GLASSES
Varionet night driving glasses are equipped with NightDrive technology. NightDrive glass filters out glare and protects against glare . It provides better contrast and is suitable for foggy, rainy and snowy weather.
Find the night driving glasses that suit you at your Varionet online optician!